Webcamera Capture

I am trying to use WebCam Capture and it doesn’t work. I get this error.

IJ_webcam_plugin not up-to-date because 1 source files are not up-to-date (/var/folders/0f/mglldv454mb380q4nx7jwqd00000gn/T/java4564663816504997726/src/main/java/IJ_webcam_plugin.java)

Is this hopeless. I am running FIJI on a mac. I want to record a video using a web camera attached via usb.

Hi @Shannon_Saszik,

would you mind trying CLIJ? There is an experimental webcam operation you can try. I also programmed an example script to show how it works:

clijx_move_rect-1

Let me know if it works on your computer!

Cheers,
Robert

2 Likes

Hi, this looks so cool.

I tried it and I got this error.

Error: No results found in line 24:

camera_index = getResult ( "Camera_Index" , nResults ( ) - <1> ) ; 

I am not a coder, but I do not know how to get the mac to install

It uses the webcam-capture library by Bartosz Firyn.https://github.com/sarxos/webcam-capture

Best,

Shannon

If it helps, I am running a Macbook pro 2019, working on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

Ok, this error means that no camera was detected. Does the camera work with any other software? Btw. why don’t you record the video with the camera vendor software?

Thanks for the reply. The camera works with photobooth and quicktime, but it doesn’t have any built in software. It is just a basis webcam. The problem is that when I record with any recording software on the mac, it can not be opened in ImageJ.

I am using the manual tracking plugin to track zebrafish frame by frame in a video.