Associate Scientist/ Scientist - High Content Imaging Assays
SciGenium is seeking an accomplished scientist with extensive experience in cell based high content imaging assays. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to develop and optimize such cell based assays from initial conception to robust and reliable screening assays in either academic or industrial settings. They will be familiar with state of the art instrumentation and image analysis software and have a sound understanding of quantitative measures of assay reliability. Relevant technical expertise from both members of its Scientific Advisory Board and consultants, and the candidate will be expected to interact closely with these experts to make use of this resource in developing assays. Experience with confocal microscopy will be a strong advantage, as will familiarity with conventional microscopy. Candidates who fulfill these criteria and also bring familiarity with additional cell based or biochemical assays to support the identification and validation of novel targets will have an advantage.
Both PhD and non-PhD candidates of appropriate rank with exceptional track records in varied industrial environments will be considered. The individual will join an interdisciplinary group dedicated to developing novel compounds for the treatment of serious mitochondrial-related diseases and will be expected to function as a technical expert in screening methodologies, to conduct/direct experiments in the laboratory, to maintain a current awareness of relevant scientific advances from the literature, and to provide scientific and strategic input into the target pipeline. The individual will be expected to plan and implement biochemical and cell-based studies using both internal and external (CRO) resources.
The desired skills and experience of candidates include:
• PhD and 5+ years of post-doctoral experience OR BS/MS degree in appropriate biological science with 8+ years of experience
• Proven ability to develop and optimize cell based high content assay system to industrial standards of reliability.
• Proven leadership qualities including the ability to establish and maintain relationships with external experts and CROs
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work productively in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
If interested please forward your CV to email@example.com