Virtual stack tracking frame number de-syncs from video

when manually tracking a video frame by frame, I have noticed that when you go backward, you get a lot of pixelation in the frames, with the video wrapping and twisting as well. not a big problem, reversing a little moe than running through 10 frames in the forward direction fixes this. However, I just realized that when you manually track a video from the plugin, deleting a point backs you up one slide, causing the above issue. lets say you mess up frame 12345/123456. reversing to frame 12145 and then going back to 12345 clears the picture, however, the place in the video will be completely different. Has anyone else experienced this problem? any possible fixes?

Check out those frame numbers. I promise they are the exact same video

As of yet, I have no answer for this perplexing problem. The only thing I can think of is that there is somethign wrong with how ffmpeg codes and decodes the raw video info, but that has not given me any leads yet. Again, an help for this weird problem is appreciated.
@ctrueden , ever seen anything like this before?

OK, I may have figured this out. its not the greatest fix, but it will do in a pinch. the fix is really to not back up the video at all, and leave it open when you aren’t working on it. Once you exit out of either the tracking program, imagej, or the video, you may cause the slice numbers to de-sync. Anther great thing was using ffmpeg to cut out all the audio. I didn’t even have audio channels connected when I took my video, but using this code to remove audio helped: ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -an output.mp4. I did not realize that this completely reencodes the video, so it is probably better to use ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vcodec copy -an output.mp4

OK, it is definitely fixed. Since I didn’t specify for ffmpeg to keep the formatting, it was re-encoded to a format that plays with imagej better. While the re-encoding was a bit lossy, it wasnt anything too bad for my purposes.