Video analysis Mice behavior ImageJ -tracking, pattern recognition colocalisation?

I have a lot of videos that need to be analyzed. There is mice behavior recorded. The mice are all dark and have a light rectangle at their cheek. Moreover there are different angles from which you see the mouse in the video because of mirrors and the mouse moving around. I need to know the timepoints and how often they are touching the cheek with the paw. I am thinking, if it even would be possible to use ImageJ to aid me in this. I am not sure how to approach the problem. pattern recognition, tracking or a form of colocalisation…does anyone has an idea? I know that the avi video files will need preprocessing and that it probably will be a lot of work.

Have you looked into Kinovea or some other motion tracking software?

@MaraJade

There is also the open source image processing package: ICY. I know they have a few mouse tracker plugins… Mice Profile Tracker, Single Mouse Tracker… you could give that a look-see.

eta :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you, unfortunately Kinovea did not work for me. Icy could solve parts of the problem, stil trying.

1 Like

@MaraJade

If you need assistance for ICY - you can go to their support page here.

eta :slight_smile: