Using the full pickle file

Hi,

Has anyone used the full pickle file for further analysis?
The full pickle videos show excellent tracking of features, but I can’t seem to find an easy way to extract a .CSV/readable file with the co-ordinates, as you can with the .bx pickle file.
Does anyone have a way to extract the co-ordinates from the full pickle file?

Thanks in advance!

Yes! You can load the pickle file to get a large nested dictionary whose keys are frame names and values are sub-dictionaries containing coordinates and likelihoods. You could flatten the whole thing in a loop or two of Python, but note that you won’t be able to tell what detection belongs to what animal :wink:

1 Like

Hi Jessy,
Thank you for your response. We have flattened this into a .csv, and it has given us the co-ordinates we need! We are engaging with the other posts on here to decide if we will use these full detections, or tracklets.
Thank you!

Hi @Charlottewiltshire97,

I’m also finding myself in a situation in which I would like to extract the coordinates from the _full.pickle file. Would you mind sharing how you were able to flatten out this file? I’m a relative Python novice and can’t seem to figure out how to do this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @blogeman,

If you still need some help, here is my really really really ugly script to parse the _full.pickle file.

https://github.com/rasdani/bachelor-thesis/blob/4019bd08fa985dfda92d36a491af81d724caa4ea/get_detections.py

Feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers

Thanks for sharing @rasdani!