Using ROIs for image transformations in imageJ?

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to transform an image so the the spacing between each of these yellow parallel lines is the same as the space between the center most parallel lines by transforming the actual image? . (Flattening the curvature of the tree to scale?)

My best,
Ken

1 Like

In an older post I recommended several plugins but also recommended an external software (Hugin) which you can use to correct several distortion types, see:

It also does not look like the lines are actually parallel, so I am not sure this would be a good idea. It isn’t just an image distortion, the yellow lines are alternating angles. Take the middle three, the one on the right is wider at the top and narrower at the bottom, while the middle is wider at the bottom and narrower at the top.

1 Like

MicroscopyRA,

Good point, they are certainly not. I guess I am more interested in if the concept seems possible if the lines were actually parallel? In retrospect, I should have put more effort into making the lines parallel before making this post. Sorry about that!

Thanks,

Ken

1 Like

Yes the lines should be more acurrate placed and captured.

This is of course a basic prerequisite which I assumed.