Using Identify_Primary_Object to mask well edges

Using Identify_Primary_Object to mask well edges it draws a nearly complete circle around the well edge, then fails to identify it as an object. Is there a way to make that last step and identify the object? This problem is happening on multiple wells.
E025_PipelineTest_170821_V4_Forum.cpproj (110.7 KB)

Well_Mask_1134_pixels

Hi,

It’s because your size settings are super strict, which is what is leading to your object not getting recognized (it’s why the circle is pink and not green); if instead of 870-930 I set it to something super permissive like 100-1000 I get the well edge just fine.

(Based on this you may also want to adjust your threshold settings a bit if you need to capture the whole well edge, as it seems like it’s missing a couple of areas at the bottom).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6bJbU_9jCX3a0dpX0pFWTloT2M

Okay, here’s the completed pipeline, analysis spreadsheet, and image files.

I had to set up three analysis methods to get the well outlined in every case.
The results of these three analyses are then pasted into a spreadsheet and sorted by well_number.
Is there a better way to do this? I wish CellProfiler had IF/THEN.

I’ve definitely wished that too in the past- unfortunately it’d significantly complicate the software under the hood and make it unmanageably complex to maintain. Sorry! I’m glad you found a way to get your data out though.