UnmixColors error message

Hello to all,
I am using Cell Profiler 2.1.0 (rev 0c7fb94) Windows 64 bit on a MacPro OSX (10.9.2) 3.33GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon using Parallels Desktop and Windows 8 to measure oil red staining of hepatocytes. I get the following message when using UnmixColors in the Analyze mode:

Exception in handling display request for module UnmixColors #5
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cellprofiler\gui\pipelinecontroller.pyc”, line 2239, in module_display_request
File “cellprofiler\modules\unmixcolors.pyc”, line 362, in display
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get_image’

If I continue processing there is no problem with using the output of the module in the rest of the pipeline even though the error message has occured and the image has not been displayed. For analysis of multiple images this is a problem because intervention is needed to continue processing every time the module is used. The module appropriately displays the image in the Test mode configuration. The same error message is obtained using CP 2.1.0 on the MacPro or using a pipeline downloaded from the forum (dlogan) which was converted to CP version 2.1.0. I saw an old post from 2007 indicating a problem with a previous version of CP. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions that would allow correct display of the image and uninterupted flow of the pipeline using the module.

Thankyou very much.

Hi,

This bug has been previously noted and fixed in the source code; it will be available for our upcoming patch release. However, if you want access to it now, you can download the current “bleeding-edge” version of the CellProfiler (with the fix) from our trunk build page (subject to the caveats therein).

Regards,
-Mark

Hi Mark,
Thank you for the help and rapid response.
Cordially