Unable to Publish Images to the Public

Good afternoon,

I recently set up a clean install of Omero Server 5.6.3 and Omero Web on CentOS 7 running on a Google Cloud Instance. I was trying to publish public slides to the web, but no matter what I do, I can’t get the slides to show without hitting a login page.

From start, these are the commands I’m running to enable public access

I created a public group with read-only access
I create a user in the group
I uploaded some slides inside the public user account

sudo su

su - omero-server

omero config set omero.web.public.enabled True

omero config set omero.web.public.user ‘’ #I put the username in quotes but I don’t use the brackets

omero config set omero.web.public.password ‘’ #I put the password in quotes but I don’t use the brackets

omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter ‘^/’ #inclusive of everything for testing but it still doesn’t work

omero config set omero.web.public.server_id 1

Then I exit the omero-server user and run systemctl restart omero web and omero server.

Here is my omero-config-get result:

Am I doing something wrong? I’m a beginner and would love some tips. The link I’m trying to access is http://MY_IP/webclient/img_detail/52/

Thanks so much.

Hi! Please could you point us to the instructions you were following?

We normally recommend that OMERO.server and OMERO.web are installed in separate directories, which means they have separate configuration files.

Thanks so much for your quick response. Here are the guides I was following:

Here are the instructions I used to install Omero Server: https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.6.0/sysadmins/unix/server-centos7-ice36.html

Here are the instructions I used to install Omero Web:

Here are the instructions I used to publish publicly:

I was following the installation documentation so if I did something that’s not common practice feel free to let me know and I will change it. I’m a bit of a beginner so I may need a little explanation, but I am happy to start the install from scratch again if need be.

I realized that I was using the wrong user to configure the settings. I ran the commands as omero-web and everything worked out. Thanks for the assistance!

2 Likes