Unable to log in with OMERO.web but can with OMERO.insight client

Hi OMERO Team,

I’ve successfully installed OMERO.server 5.6.1 and everything seemed to go well with the OMERO.web installation. However, I’m not able to login using OMERO.web even though everything works well using OMERO.insight.

I get a 500 error with the following (redacted) traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py", line 41, in inner
    response = get_response(request)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 187, in _get_response
    response = self.process_exception_by_middleware(e, request)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 185, in _get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py", line 68, in view
    return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py", line 67, in _wrapper
    return bound_func(*args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/decorators/debug.py", line 76, in sensitive_post_parameters_wrapper
    return view(request, *args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py", line 63, in bound_func
    return func.__get__(self, type(self))(*args2, **kwargs2)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omeroweb/webgateway/views.py", line 2959, in dispatch
    return super(LoginView, self).dispatch(*args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py", line 88, in dispatch
    return handler(request, *args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omeroweb/webgateway/views.py", line 3021, in post
    compatible = connector.check_version(self.useragent)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omeroweb/connector.py", line 229, in check_version
    connection = self.create_guest_connection(useragent)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omeroweb/connector.py", line 185, in create_guest_connection
    connection = self.create_gateway(useragent, guest, guest, None)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omeroweb/connector.py", line 150, in create_gateway
    useragent=useragent, anonymous=self.is_public, userip=userip)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omero/__init__.py", line 62, in client_wrapper
    return omero.gateway.BlitzGateway(*args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omeroweb/webclient/webclient_gateway.py", line 134, in __init__
    super(OmeroWebGateway, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omero/gateway/__init__.py", line 1594, in __init__
    self._resetOmeroClient()

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omero/gateway/__init__.py", line 2138, in _resetOmeroClient
    args=['--Ice.Config='+','.join(self.ice_config)])

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omero/__init__.py", line 67, in client
    return omero.clients.BaseClient(*args, **kwargs)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omero/clients.py", line 170, in __init__
    self._initData(id)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/omero/clients.py", line 297, in _initData
    self.__ic = Ice.initialize(id)

File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/omero_web_py3.6_dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/Ice.py", line 705, in initialize
    communicator = IcePy.Communicator(args, data)

Ice.PluginInitializationException: exception ::Ice::PluginInitializationException
{
    reason = IceSSL: unable to set ciphers using `HIGH:ADH:@SECLEVEL=0':
invalid command
}

<WSGIRequest: POST '/webclient/login/?url=%2Fwebclient%2F'>

I’ve gone through several similar issues and have verified that:

• I don’t have any cache setup
  • I have installed omero-certificates for OMERO.server though I don’t know whether this is relevant for the OMERO.web client

Here is the output of omero web diagnostics:

================================================================================
OMERO Diagnostics (web) 5.7.1
================================================================================

OMERO.web status... [RUNNING] (PID 30987)
Django version: 1.11.29

Log dir:    /opt/omero/web/omero-web/var/log exists
Log file :  OMEROweb.log                   381.2 KB      errors=92   warnings=129

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Paul

The solution entailed uninstalling zeroc-ice installed from PyPI and replacing it with zeroc-ice from conda.

Who knew?

1 Like