Ubuntu Package?

Hi there,
Please forgive me if I missed something, but a search in the forum did not help me on that topic:
I would like to install CP2 on my Ubuntu 12.04 desktop. I did find some (to me, complicated) instructions on the site concerning earlier versions of Ubuntu, but no “premade” packages like what can be found for ImageJ (for example). Does it mean that ther is no hope for computer illiterates to install CP2 on Ubuntu?
:confused:

We’d dearly like to offer an Ubuntu package that could be installed by someone other than a seasoned Linux system administrator. We haven’t been able to come up with the resources to do this and we have found no-one to build and contribute it. If anyone would like to volunteer for such a project, we’d be extremely grateful.

I would recommend finding (ideally) a Windows machine with a 64-bit operating system or a Mac. For now, Windows offers the highest level of functionality and performance - we realize that is difficult for Mac and Linux users and our future plans will address this.

–Lee

Thanks for your answer.
Particularly, your “an Ubuntu package that could be installed by someone other than a seasoned Linux system administrator” made me feel a little less ignorant, even if it is only an illusion.
I will thus wait, and if I happen to cross path with a “seasoned Linux system administrator”, I swear I will torture her/him until she/he agrees to produce an easy-to-install Ubuntu package for Cell Profiler!
:wink: