Trying to install a plugin to evaluate some FLIM images

Hello. I am running a windows 7 machine and have just installed imageJ v1.51j. I’m trying to look at changes in particle diameter from some aerosol droplets I imaged last year. To do this I need to install a third party plugin called SLIM curve by Curtis Rueden:

Unfortunately I know very little about coding and cannot figure out how to install it. The plugin does not come with an installer and the imageJ website simply says “To enable additional features, choose Help :arrow_forward: Update…, then click the “Manage update sites” button.”

I cannot find such an option in the help menu. “Update imageJ…” only deals with the version of the installed program and none of the other menu options seem to be any help. I feel like I must be missing something glaringly obvious, so if someone could point me towards the correct set of options to install this plugin I would be very grateful.

Hi @nimduh

Glad you are interested in using SLIM curve… So. You’ve installed the ‘old’ version of ImageJ (v1.x). To get all the useful plugins already installed for you, as well as automatic updates and access to update sites, including SLIM Curve, we recommend installing Fiji. It’s a distribution of ImageJ - that contains all those goodies.

You can download Fiji here.

Once you have it installed… you can then easily install SLIM Curve - by following its Update Site.

Let us know if you still have issues.

eta :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much @etadobson! Fiji was what I needed, and I have now installed SLIM curve as well. I can probably figure out what to do from here. Probably :wink:

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like

Sorry. Me again.

I can now open the .sdt files from the FLIM and view them, which is great. Now I would like to ask imagej to produce a gaussian plot of the intensities across the droplet so that I can compare droplets at different relative humidities.

I’ve been through the various menus and can’t find anything that looks like it does the job. I managed to colourise it, which looks nicer (always a bonus for publication) but doesn’t really help. Any thoughts?

-Nick

Hey @nimduh

Let’s do this… since we resolved your installation issue - why don’t you post this new analysis question as a new thread. That way - it is properly titled and will get more specific attention.

Also - if you can include an original image - that would help a lot. I have no idea what you mean by ‘droplet’ - so a picture will help indeed. But in general - be as clear as you can with what you need for your analysis.

For sure we can all help you then…

eta :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ll have a quick word with my supervisor first and make sure I’m on the right track.