Trouble getting program to run

Hello,
I have recently downloaded cell profiler. I have uninstalled cell profiler and java and reinstalled with java being installed first. The program gives me a black screen which eventually crashes. I am using a windows 10 computer and I’m trying to install cellprofiler 3.1.8. Thanks

Hi,

Could you open a command prompt and type:

java -version

Tell us what the output is please.

Also do you get any error messages when cellprofiler crashes, or just a blank screen?

Cheers.

Ed

There is an error message that appears before it crashes but it disappears to quick for me to read.

The output is
java version “1.8.0_211”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211 -b12)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211 -b12, mixed mode)

I was able to copy the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “CellProfiler.py”, line 3, in
File “c:\python27\Lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py”, line 395, in load_module
File “CellProfiler\cellprofiler_main_.py”, line 13, in
File “c:\python27\Lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py”, line 395, in load_module
File “site-packages\bioformats_init_.py”, line 21, in
File “site-packages\javabridge_init_.py”, line 38, in
File “site-packages\javabridge\jutil.py”, line 151, in
File “site-packages\javabridge\jutil.py”, line 139, in _find_jvm
javabridge.jutil.JVMNotFoundError: Can’t find the Java Virtual Machine
[11084] Failed to execute script CellProfiler

I think I might know what the problem is. Can I just check what your computer spec is? I need to double check you have a 64-bit operating system. If that’s ok then you should try this solution which was posted on a different thread:

If you’re not sure how to edit the environment variables for your system then I’d google how to do that first.