Translocation Tutorial update

Hi there,

I’m working through the Translocation tutorial at the bottom of this page: cellprofiler.org/outreach.shtml and I think some aspects of Cell Profiler have changed since the tutorial was written.
Specifically, at the top of page 12 of the pdf, where it’s walking through how to export to database, I’m unable to work out how to input the plate type and plate and well metadata. So when I try to open the properties file in Analyst, I’m unable to view or analyze the data. Does anyone know how to input the plate type etc?

Thanks for your help.

I’ve found a workaround for this, which is to open the properties file in a text editor and manually input the plate shape (e.g. 96) and well and plate IDs (e.g. Image_Metadata_Plate for plate_id).
Hope this helps if anyone was having the same issue.

Thanks! Yes, that was a bug we fixed long ago, but still lives on in the current release version, ugh. So another workaround would be to use a newer CellProfiler:
http://cellprofiler.org/releases/
This (or some similar version) will soon be our new release this Fall, so you or others should be pretty safe in trying this new version.

David