Trackmate edit track statistics output

Hi @tinevez and anyone who may help,

I am using TrackMate to track moving mitochondria in axons of motor neurons and it works really nice. Once I apply all the filters, focus on Track Statistics results, where I can find almost everything that I need for my analysis.

The only exception is that I cannot get the direction of the movement in the Track Statistics, since it only displays the mean X and Y location of the track. I am really interested in the starting and final X,Y coordinates, so I can determine the direction of the movement (anterograde or retrograde transport in my case). I know that these can be found in the spots in track statistics, but it will be quite handy to have these in Track statistics, so I will be only working with one set of files.

I was wondering if there would be a way to incorporate the starting and final X,Y coordinates of the tracks in the Track statistics window, this way it would be faster to sort anterograde and retrograde transport. Do you think this is something that can be done? Is that maybe scriptable? I am not so familiar with scripting myself, but if that can be possible I can find some help.

I don’t know if this was discussed before, but I was not able to find an answer for that.

Thanks for your time and help!

Adria

Hello @adriasc
and thank you for your kind words.

There is no ready-made solution that I know.

What you request here is a supplemental track analyzer. If you are fine with Java, you can do build it yourself, following these instructions.

Or maybe find someone that would do it?

Otherwise, you are right that you can also retrieve this information from the spots statistics, combining the two tables. This involves some scripting in e.g. MATLAB or python.

1 Like

Hi @tinevez,
Thank you very much for your help and fast reply.
We will give it a try!

1 Like