Trace back error

Dear folks,
after a too long time of working on other things, I envisioned an interesting problem. Please help me with your expertise on cell profiler.
The problem: Cell profiler does not start anymore. The window tells me that cell profiler tries to trace back files.
Reinstalling the problem does not help. A different user does not have the problems at all.
Do you have any clue on this?
Thanks & Cheers
Axel

Hi Axel,

I’m not sure about this error message, but you might need to modify some values in your registry to deal with the problem. PLEASE NOTE: Modify your registry settings at your own risk.

First, close CellProfiler. then, you can get to your registry by following the instructions here. Once there, if you go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CellProfilerLocal.cfg (or do a Find (Ctrl-F) for ‘CellProfilerLocal.cfg’), select the CellProfilerLocal.cfg item in the tree, and delete it by going to Edit > Delete. Then try restarting CellProfiler.

Let us know if it this approach works.

Regards,
-Mark

Dear Mark,
thanks a lot for the quick reply. It seems that it works!!!
Cheers
Axel

Hi Axel,

Another user almost the identical error message to yours. Did your error also coincide with installing CellProfiler Analyst?

Regards,
-Mark

I should also mention that this issue has been fixed for the next release.
-Mark

This issue has been resolved in CellProfiler 2.1 and later, new releases of which can now be downloaded from http://cellprofiler.org.