Tilted rectangle tool---can it be tweaked to be adjusted?

Hi, all!

I am wanting to take length & width measurements of a variety of seeds from images a bit more efficiently. I think the tilted rectangle tool macro:

https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/macros/tools/TiltedRectangleTool.txt

would be perfect for my needs except that I can’t modify the rectangle after it’s generated and I can’t ever get it in just the right place on the first try. Is there a simple way to modify the macro so that it could be adjusted after, the way the regular rectangle & ellipse shapes can be adjusted?

This is similar to the question proposed here: Bounding smallest tilted rectangle but the answers offered there involved a lot more automation than I’m looking for.

Thank you so much!
Taran

Why not use the elliptical selection tool tool, you can extract width and height from the major and minor axes and it is readjust able after first drawing.

If you post an image I also have a tool that I could offer you that draws arbitrary shapes very easily.

1 Like

The latest ImageJ daily build (1.51j10) adds a tilted rectangle selection tool, activated by right clicking on the rectangle tool icon. Use the Measure command and the length and width of the rectangle are listed in the Results window under “TRLength” and “TRWidth”. To upgrade, use the Help>Update ImageJ command and select “daily build” from the drop down menu.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try that!