The thickness option of the Bonej plugin is not working for MacBook

Dear experienced BoneJ-users and developers,

I’ve installed Fiji on my MacBook with BoneJ plugin. I am trying to use the thickness option to get the Tb.N, Tb.Th and Tb.Sp et al results on the ROIs of the bone CT image. However, the thickness option is not working on my Macbook with macOS Mojave (version 10.14.6). It can be work and run smoothly in the Windows computer.

Can anyone help me with this and has suggestions?

Best regards,

Frank

Which version of BoneJ are you using?

Dear Doube,

I am using the Bonej 2 to analyze the CT bone images.

Best regards,

Frank

Can you run Local Thickness from its own menu command?
Analyze>Local Thickness>Local Thickness (complete process)

Dear Doube,

Yes, I can run the local thickness from its own menu command. But I can only see the thickness map and there is no show about the trabecular results.

Best regards,

Frank

Do you receive any error messages when you run thickness from BoneJ2?

Dear Doube,

It was run slowly and it will stop as shown as this screen.

Best reagrds,

Frank

Does black in your image relate to foreground (255) or background (0), and did you select the Separation (Spacing) option?

Dear Doube,

I don’t know how to do it.
Would you teach me how show that you need to know the information?
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Frank

Please take a look at the ImageJ manual and the BoneJ documentation.

You can get the pixel value by moving your cursor to a black area and looking at the status bar. By separation I mean to ask whether you checked the ‘Trabecular spacing’ option in BoneJ’s Thickness dialog.

Dear Doube,

The pixel value in both background and foreground is 0 and 255, respectively. For the thickness option of bonej that I used the defined parameter to analyzed.

Please find the following picture.

Best regards,

Frank

Select only ‘Trabecular thickness’, not ‘Both’.

The program is trying to fit spheres to the black background and never finishes because there are no boundaries for it to hit.

To get Tb.Sp you have to fill the background (i.e. outside the bone) with foreground pixel value (255) first.

Also - BoneJ2’s Thickness ignores the ROI you have drawn.

Dear Doube,

Thank you very much for your help. How to fill the background with foreground pixel value (255) to get the Tb. Sp.

Do you mean that I need to use binary tools to invert the bone image?

Best regards,

Frank