The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the
Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB):
Doctoral Candidate (PhD student) in Systems Biochemistry (m/f)
- Fixed-term contract 3 years, 40h/week
- Employee status (start date: as soon as possible)
Morphological reconstruction and computational modelling of dopaminergic neurons
- Algorithmic reconstruction of dopaminergic neuronal morphology from
in vitro and in situ microscopy images (See these doi’s:
- Multiscale computational modeling of electrophysiology, metabolism
and subcellular organelle transport in morphologically accurate
dopaminergic neuronal models using numerical optimization algorithms
(See doi:10.1038/nbt.2488 and
- A Master degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Applied
Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Experience of version controlled software development in Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with open source bioimage informatics and analysis
platforms, e.g., OMERO.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Fully funded position in an exciting international environment,
where the working language is English.
- Opportunity to join the Systems Biochemistry Group within the
Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine and enroll in the Doctoral
School in Systems and Molecular Biomedicine
- The University offers highly competitive salaries based on the
candidate’s experience and is an equal opportunity employer.
Informal enquiries can be made to:
Dr. Ronan M.T. Fleming,
Systems Biochemistry Group,
Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine.
Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Cover letter mentioning the reference number
- List of publications
- Description of past research experience and how future interests
complement the proposed role
- Name and addresses of three referees