Step-by-step execution

cellprofiler

OK, this looks promising, I’m playing around with CellProfiler. For playing purposes, I would like to know if it is possible to execute one module in the pipeline, then stop, see if I like it, and if not, change the module settings and do it again, and then proceed to the next module. I know I can hit pause in the timer window, but the execution is too fast: by the time I can click pause, I’m already in the 5th module. Also, this won’t permit me to go back and do the same step again with different settings.
Is what I’m asking possible?

Thanks,
Jos

I understand what you would like to do. Typically it is easier to add a single module at a time, so you don’t have to worry about trying to stop it at a particular step. Then you can check if, for example, the identification was nice or if you need to change settings and try again. People have requested before that we have a STOP module or something similar, and while I think it is a good idea, it isn’t the easiest thing to implement. We have some students coming to work on CP this summer, so hopefully we can get one of them to take the job. For now, I would just try adding one module at a time, at least the important (and sometimes slow) modules like identification.

Good luck!
Mike