Sr ScientistAuto Req #: 32629BR
Career Categories: Research
Location: US - CA - Thousand Oaks
The Sr. Scientist, working in Amgen’s Discovery Technology organization, will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of microtiter plate experiments on state-of-the-art high content screening (HCS) microscopy platforms. Duties include programming, calibrating & maintaining high content imaging platforms, developing customized imaging methodologies & HCS workflows, execution of HCS assay campaigns, and analysis of resulting image-based data. The Sr. Scientist will also be responsible for the curation, interpretation and presentation of image-based assay results, as well as assisting scientists to access HCS resources or troubleshoot HCA assay results. Basic Qualifications Doctorate degree & 2 years of scientific experience OR
Master’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience OR
Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications • B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in biological sciences or an affiliated engineering discipline.
• Broad, 5+ years of experience in quantitative microscopy-based assay development, including immunofluorescence labelling techniques and high content algorithm development in 96, 384 & 1536-well microtiter plates.
• Profound understanding of cell biology and mammalian cell signaling pathways.
• Successful experience operating and maintaining HCS microscopy platforms (PerkinElmer, Molecular Devices, or ThermoScientific) and experience programming for image analysis; ability to program in MATLAB, ImageJ, Java, R, or Acapella is also preferred.
• Experience in mammalian tissue culture as well as running cell-based assays with automated liquid handlers and HTS plate readers (for example, PerkinElmer Envision, Molecular Devices FLIPR) is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, Access, Sharepoint & Project software; experience with HTS-related data analysis software platforms (Genedata Screener, Tibco Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining relationships with both peers and management.
• Demonstrated success in performing independent research.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to report relevant results of their work to peers and management.