Software Shuts down after inciting "Analyse Images"

Hello:

I’m currently developing a pipeline, which I’ll leave annexed to this topic, and for some reason the software shuts down after I press the “Analyse Images” button and I can’t figure out why. It didn’t use to do this and when use test mode the pipeline is executed per image without any problems, while if I were to use the “normal” method it doesn’t even analyse one image. Currently I’m working with 73 tiff images and as I said the software already worked with the same images without problems.
I don’t know what to do, because there isn’t any error message. Can you help me?

Sincerely:
Daniel Dias

P.S.: Sorry if I wasn’t suppost to post this here. Also I can’t send the images I’m using because even zipped its around 300 mb.
DetecaoNeuronios2.cpproj (128 KB)

A question: If you were to use just one TIF image in the analysis run, does the same thing happen?
-Mark

[quote=“mbray”]A question: If you were to use just one TIF image in the analysis run, does the same thing happen?
-Mark[/quote]

Yes it does. It doesn’t matter the number of images apparently.

This is the error I get when I drag your project file into CellProfiler:

[quote]Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinelistview.py”, line 1005, in OnData
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinelistview.py”, line 734, in on_filelist_data
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 570, in do_open_workspace
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/pipeline.py”, line 2573, in load_file_list
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/pipeline.py”, line 2515, in add_urls
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/pipeline.py”, line 3129, in notify_listeners
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 1355, in __on_pipeline_event
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 1410, in on_urls_added
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pathlist.py”, line 267, in add_paths
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pathlist.py”, line 47, in init
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pathlist.py”, line 339, in get_folder_display_name
File “encodings/utf_8.pyc”, line 16, in decode
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode characters in position 68-69: ordinal not in range(128)
[/quote]

That indicates to me that there is some non-standard, non-ascii character in your file- or pathnames. Can you try pasting a single image set into a ‘simple’ local directory like the user’s top-level directory, and see if it works?

Thanks,
David

[quote=“davidlogan”]This is the error I get when I drag your project file into CellProfiler:

[quote]Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinelistview.py”, line 1005, in OnData
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinelistview.py”, line 734, in on_filelist_data
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 570, in do_open_workspace
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/pipeline.py”, line 2573, in load_file_list
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/pipeline.py”, line 2515, in add_urls
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/pipeline.py”, line 3129, in notify_listeners
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 1355, in __on_pipeline_event
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 1410, in on_urls_added
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pathlist.py”, line 267, in add_paths
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pathlist.py”, line 47, in init
File “/Applications/CellProfiler_2.1.1_release.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pathlist.py”, line 339, in get_folder_display_name
File “encodings/utf_8.pyc”, line 16, in decode
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode characters in position 68-69: ordinal not in range(128)
[/quote]

That indicates to me that there is some non-standard, non-ascii character in your file- or pathnames. Can you try pasting a single image set into a ‘simple’ local directory like the user’s top-level directory, and see if it works?

Thanks,
David[/quote]

I tried to use this kind of directory: “C:\ccelularimages\filerobjectsarea” and it still shut downed, both with just one image and all 73 of them.

OK thanks. It is also possible that other locations within the software have path/file info might have illegal (for CP) characters. Please see this FAQ for an explanation and a fix:
cellprofiler.org/forum/viewtopic … =806#p6493

Let us know how it goes.
David

[quote=“davidlogan”]OK thanks. It is also possible that other locations within the software have path/file info might have illegal (for CP) characters. Please see this FAQ for an explanation and a fix:
cellprofiler.org/forum/viewtopic … =806#p6493

Let us know how it goes.
David[/quote]

Thank you. Actually there are some illegal characters in the previous path I used but not in the one directly in the C:. What I find strange is that this pipeline used to work with the “illegal” directory and it still does if I use “test mode”. For now I re-wrote the pipeline in a new project file and the problem was solved but this time I choose the simpler directory. Let’s see if it doesn’t pop up again.

Thank you
Daniel