I am starting a new education project in microscopy - a small textbook (150-200 pages) which is expected to be part of a series of Learning Materials in Biosciences from Springer https://www.springer.com/series/15430?detailsPage=titles Our audience is Master and PhD Biomedical students with limited experience and knowledge in microscopy. I suppose that the booked will be finished in 1-1.5 years. The preliminary contents:
- The physical principle of light propagation and light/matter interactions;
- Design, alignment and usage infinity-corrected microscope;
- Epifluorescence microscopy;
- Basic digital image design, processing, analysis, management, and presentation;
- Confocal microscopy and Spinning-disk confocal;
- Live-cell Imaging;
- TIRF microscopy;
- SIM microscopy;
- STED microscopy;
- Localisation microscopy;
- 2P microscopy;
- light-sheet microscopy;
- Advanced image processing etc.
- Glossary and knowledge map.
If you are experienced microscopist or specialist in image analysis and have a passion to write and educate, I would very happy to collaborate with you.
Thank you in advance for the possible cooperation,