Small bugs in macro editor

Hi all,

I found small bugs in the macro editor :

  • If you select “Java” language, when you save your code it is saved without java extension and the macro editor return into “none” language. So you have to re-select “Java” and resave to get your .java file saved.

  • In the first save the last character of the filename is erased. I made “new” and select “java language” and save the file as “Test” I got a Test.txt generated (instead of .java) but the name editor then change to “Tes” the last character “t” is splitted. Then I have to reselect “java” and rename before resave unless I will generate “Tes.java”

The bug is pretty minor but maybe should be fixed, it is probably better to fix any bug possible, it will make user’s life easier.

Best regards,

Salim

1 Like

I experience the same bug in other languages. However, when you start making scripts in java I recommend you a programming tool “Eclipse”.

However, for the macro language I still use the script editor in ImageJ. And this is indeed a very annoying bug.

Hi @Salim_Kanoun & @NoUsername

The best way to go about reporting bugs is to file an issue. You can see bug reporting best practices for more details.

eta :slight_smile:

Just so that others are aware: an issue was filed regarding these bugs:

2 Likes