Simpe Neurite Tracer traces file is unrecordable

I am trying to fine a macro-recordable way to open/import a .traces file that I created manually from the Simpe Neurite Tracer plugin.
I don’t want to open the plugin everytime I need to load a file. or to be honest, my main problem is that: EVEN this method isn’t being recorded in the marco.

help, thank you.

For the most part, macro recording of a plugin relies on the modal dialogs provided either by IJ1 or SciJava. SNT has a complex UI with dozens of widgets that cannot be modal. However, almost every aspect of SNT can be scripted in any of the scripting languages supported by ImageJ (Python, BeanShell, Groovy, JavaScript, etc.).

And you don’t need to. Open the Script Editor, an have a look at examples in Templates>Neuroanatomy> . You’ll find examples that perform batch measurements and display multiple files, without opening SNT’s UI (you will have to subscribe to the Neuroanatomy update site for this to work).

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you provide us with more details we probably can help you further.