Setting up HTTPS/SSL with Ansible

I’ve setup an OMERO server locally following the example here. It seems that in order to enable https, I need to create ssl certificates. I looked at several other example ansible playbooks in the production playbooks repo (e.g., this one), and they seem to use the ome.ssl_certificate role. When I implement that role, the certificates are created, but it gets stuck at the “read certificate key” task with the following output:

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {
    "censored": "the output has been hidden due to the fact that 'no_log: true' was specified for this result",
    "changed": false
}

Is this behavior expected?

Things do get tricky debugging these tasks, since logging is turned off to protect your certificate when copying/pasting output. You can try enabling logging in the role if you are careful to not send us your certificates :wink:

ansible-role-ssl-certificate/main.yml at acdd6f63e3851a8ba37ddf2e673b1a56c60ddf2e · ome/ansible-role-ssl-certificate · GitHub

I don’t know a reason it would block off-hand.
~J.

Thanks, Josh. I was able to figure out the issue based on the log output. I had specified ssl_certificate_key_path to a directory, not the actual key file.

1 Like