Setting metadata for images

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to “batch” set meta-data in QuPath Projects. After creating a new Key and Value for one image, I went to File --> Project --> Edit Project Metadata and can double click on the cells and type values in, but the values don’t save. Really, what I am looking to do is add metadata Key called “Region”, to all images in the project which contain “MFC” in the name and call the value “MFC”.

If any one would be able to help with this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Yeah, the ‘Edit Project Metadata’ component is a bit weird. It can actually do what you require, but it’s rather sensitive to how cells are selected/deselected. I think you need to press ‘Enter’ to fix the value.

But once you have a value entered once, you can then use Control+C to copy the cell, select multiple cells and press Ctrl+V to paste.

In v0.2.0-m4 you can also select multiple images in the ‘Project’ tab and set the metadata. I don’t recall exactly what milestone version added this feature, but I wrote it fairly recently. That’s how I now batch-set metadata values.

2 Likes

Hi Pete!

Thank you so very much for your prompt reply!

I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly! I am working with milestone 2 (0.2.0-m2) and I am able to select multiple cells and apply values to multiple cells.

Thanks so much for your help and your amazing software!

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I think it was m3, as I was pretty excited about the feature.

1 Like