Saving and loading pipelines

cellprofiler

Hi!
Today I downloaded the newest version of Cellprofiler for Windows32 and installed it. Everything is working fine, except that I cannot load saved pipelines. The console gives the following error messages:

Undefined function or variable ‘ModuleName’.
??? Error while evaluating uimenu Callback

??? Error using ==> fgets
Invalid file identifier.

Error in ==> CPtextpipe at 109
Error in ==> CellProfiler>SavePipeline_Callback at 6075
Error in ==> CellProfiler>gui_mainfcn at 10288
Error in ==> Cellprofiler at 65

??? Error using ==> CellProfiler<‘SavePipeline_Callback’,gcbo,],guidata(gcbo))
;

and so on.

Otherwise your program is great, thanks a lot for providing it for free.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

When we first released the software last week, it was released with an error. Later that day we corrected the error in release v1.0.4303. If you are using v1.0.4299, please update! It should fix this error.

Regards,
Mike

Hi!
Thanks for the reply. However, according to the help file, I am already using version 4303. When I downloaded the software, there was also the warning to download the new corrected version, so I suppose it should be the right one. But even with version 4303 it doesn’t work, although I installed it on two different computers.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I was unable to reproduce your error on our computers. Please send the pipeline you are trying to load to mrl “at” wi.mit.edu, and I will see if I can reproduce the error. Also, the following line:

??? Error using ==> CellProfiler<‘SavePipeline_Callback’,gcbo,],guidata(gcbo))

Means you are having trouble when you are trying to save pipelines, not load them. Is this the problem?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

you were right. The problem was that the path to the modules folder was set to cellprofiler/modules, while they actually were right in the cellprofiler folder after extracting the files from the .zip archive. However, on one of the two machines I installed CellProfiler for the first time and I encountered the same problem. Could it be that the default location for the modules is incorrect in the newest version? Anyway, correcting the path in the preferences solved my problem.

Thanks,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

The zip file is OK, this error occurs because of how the zip file is extracted. Usually, programs such as WinZip and Windows XP extract utility will extract the paths correctly, but with some command line zip utilities you must specify that all folders are kepty intact upon extraction. Hope this solves your problems!

Mike