SaveImages Quality

Hi again!

I was trying to save an output image from a set of tiff’s to jpeg but have found the quality of the images analysis to be different from the original tiff. I was curious to know to to solve this.

I have attached:
The jpeg image

Hi,
Could you also attach the original .tiff that was used to create this image?
-Mark

Yep! Definitely thought it attached.
Pipline.cp (10.3 KB)

Also, I am having a problem trying to separate saturated cells based on intensity. We use 12bit image and anything over 4095, we would like this to be excluded from the data and bin’d into a new subset. Is there anyway to do this? I seem to have to use a value from 0-1, or some sort of ratio value in IdentifyPrimaryObjects.

Thank you again,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I believe the issue here is that when saving the output image as JPEG, the library used for saving defaults to a quality setting of 75 (out of a maximum value of 100), which may account for the lower quality that you see.

If you save it as a PNG or TIF, the output image quality improves. Is there any reason you couldn’t be able to use that?

Regards,
-Mark

My suggestion here would be identify the objects as you do currently, and then do the following:

• Use MeasureObjectIntensity to make intensity measurements against the desired channel(s) for all objects.
  • Use FilterObjects to remove objects based on the MaxIntensity measurement with 1 as the maximum allowed value.

Regards,
-Mark