Save custom metadata with a sequence

Hi,

to prepare a batch run of a protocol, I would like to screen over the images (batch in protocol) and add a number as metadata to each image. I can use the getMetadata and savemetadata but I don’t see how to edit the metadata. Is there a block to do so or a plugin ? Can I add custom fields to metadata ? I would like to reuse this number later: when batch processing these images, I would like to retrieve this previously saved number as a parameter of the processing protocol.

Thank you for your help
Best regards
Jacques

Dear Jacques,

Indeed, I can’t find a “Set metadata” block that would do the editing of metadata. @Stephane, is there such a block? If not, how could one do the editing of metadata in a protocol?

I am not sure it is possible to have metadata custom fields in Icy, but you could cheat by changing the name of the image or the names of the channels.

Best regards,
Marion

1 Like

Hi Jacques,

Indeed there is no block to do ans if the solution proposed by @MarionLouveaux cannot be used in your case (if you need to store decimal value for instance) then here’s a small protocol using javascript block as a workaround to get / set custom property in Sequence:
sequence_property.protocol (4.6 KB)

We will try to provide an easier way to do that in future version of Icy (probably a set/getProperty block as we have for ROI).

Hope that helps.

Best,

– Stephane

1 Like

I took the javascript option and it works fine for me.
Thank you.
Best
Jacques

1 Like