run("Point Tool..."); not working on macro

Hi!

A macro that’s been working fine for my purposes so far selects different multipoint selection ROIs after using the Find Maxima tool. For illustrative purposes, I add each ROI with labels on each point and different color each multi-point set, and then save a flattened image with those selections. I’ve been using the command line below with color being either Red or Blue:

run("Point Tool...", "type=Dot color=Red size=Large label");

It’s been working fine until I recently updated to version 1.52s from 1.52p. Now it doesn´t seem to do anything and just moves on to the next lines of code. However, when changing those properties manually and recording a macro, this exact same line of code is recorded. I have replaced it with:

run("Properties... ", "  stroke=red point=Dot size=Large");

That fixes everything except the labels on each point.

Has anyone noticed the run("Point Tool") function not working for them? If anyone can provide any feedback on how to have this labels show up I’d highly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Fernando

@fgpolite

I think @Wayne is the best person to address this issue. Until then - can you share with us a small, working code example that highlights this issue? So the only thing not ‘working’ is the large labels?

That’s correct, that line of code is not doing anything, I made up a little piece of code that would easily illustrate that. When I run it, instead of obtaining a flattened image with large red labeled dots. I just obtain the default point format from the Find Maxima function.

run(“Blobs (25K)”);
run(“Gaussian Blur…”, “sigma=6”);
run(“Point Tool…”, “type=Dot color=Red size=Large label”);
run(“Find Maxima…”, “prominence=10 light output=[Point Selection]”);
run(“Flatten”);

blobs-1

1 Like

I accidentally repeated the line that’s causing trouble.

run(“Blobs (25K)”);
run(“Gaussian Blur…”, “sigma=6”);
run(“Find Maxima…”, “prominence=10 light output=[Point Selection]”);
run(“Flatten”);

This appears to be a regression related to the addition of support for non-blocking filter dialogs in ImageJ 1.52q. I hope to have a fix in the next few days.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

the macro contains curly quotes and special characters for the three dots, as it typically happens when copying text into Word or some other office programs.
I’ll try to paste it with the correct characters (preceded by three backquotes in the markup, in the hope that the web page does not convert it):

run("Gaussian Blur...", "sigma=6");
run("Find Maxima...", "prominence=10 light output=[Point Selection]");
run("Point Tool...", "type=Dot color=Red size=Large label");
run("Flatten");

I am using ImageJ 1.52t42; Java 1.8.0_112 [64-bit]; Linux 4.4.0-171-generic

– Michael

This ImageJ 1.52q regression is fixed in the latest ImageJ daily build (1.52t44).

1 Like