ROI manager issue

Folks,

Had an unusual issue that seemed to happen with my saved ROIs and manager. Usually I can just drag my saved ROIs onto the Fiji toolbar and the ROI manager will automatically open up with the desired ROI. Been working all day until I had to do a fresh install about an hour ago. After that when I drag my saved ROI (crop in this case) onto the toolbar, a blank image window comes up with the ROI appearing. But no ROI manager at all. In fact when I have a ROI manager up and open a saved ROI through the manager, a blank image window comes up as well.

Any help would be appreciated since I’m stuck doing any work depending on the ROI manager.

Neil

Hi @NRW ,

Did you do the update after your fresh install? Was there any error message in the Log window?
It would be better if you share the screenshot of the error message, so that we could help you.

Regards,
Lakshmi
www.wakoautomation.com

Hi Lakshmi!

Thank you for the response.

• Yes, I did updates after the install.
  • No, there is no error message given.

I included two screen shots of the behavior I’m observing. The first picture is when I drag and drop the ROI onto the tool bar. A blank image window comes up. The second picture is when I use the “Open” command through the ROI manager. I use this route when I need to run batch scripts.

However when I drag a ROI zip folder that contains more than one ROI onto the tool bar, the manager comes up with all the ROIs.

Just as a side not, per the imageJ updater, I had included the “EM Tool” listed after I did the fresh install. The manager was not appearing at all for single or multiple ROIs. I then went back and deselected the tool and made sure it was removed from the Plugin script folder. I ran another update after. Now the issue which I explained above remains.

Neil

Hi @NRW,

May be there is issue the way you had saved the ROI. I tried reproducing the error, by creating the image size given in the screenshot. I made a complete selection & try to save it as roi. Then it is opening it similar to your error. Look at the image below.
I think while saving your selection might be a problem. Because when I tried to remove the extension & tried opening it is opening as a image…

Just to ensure no issues with software, could you please try opening the ROI that I am sharing here?
trail_ROI.zip (10.9 KB)

Please try the problematic ROI that I created (Drag & drop the zip file as such & also open the .roi file by unzipping it),
Problem_image_roi.zip (186 Bytes)

If this is not helping, please share your ROI if possible.

Regards,
Lakshmi
www.wakoautomation.com

Hi Lakshmi,

First image is trail (which is similar response to what I get with multiple rois). The second is “Problem” unzipped, and the last is “Problem” zipped. Interesting that a zipped single roi opens manager. The single zipped roi response is what I’ve been experiencing. Except when that roi is opened through the actual manager.

Neil

Hi @NRW,

Thanks for trying out. So it looks like there is no issue with your software. May be as I had mentioned earlier, while you are saving the ROI the selection might be a problem.

Regards,
Lakshmi
www.wakoautomation.com

1 Like

Lakshmi,

Many thanks for going through the exercise. For clarity I’ve not had this issue when using the “Save” feature through the ROI manager. Interesting that a zipped, single ROI opened normally.

Thank you again for the sanity check.

1 Like