We have an opening for a Research Assistant 50-100% with possibility to extend as PhD (Neuroscience Center Zürich - ZNZ PhD Program). Initial limited contract is 1 to 2 years. Work percentage is negotiable.
- You work in the research project “Imaging long-range connectivity in cleared rodent and human fetal brain samples with MesoSPIM”, led by PD Dr. Andras Jakab (University Children’s Hospital Zurich) and Prof. Theofanis Karayannis (Brain Research Institute, University of Zurich), funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation Spark Grant and the Novartis Foundation’s research grant.
- You work with laboratory rodents, prepare mouse and human brain samples for imaging with 3D light-sheet microscopy
- You conduct microscopic image analysis
- Master’s degree (or degree close to be finished) in molecular biology, biology or neuroscience
- Experience in working with laboratory rodents and tissue processing techniques
- Experience with molecular methods, such as immunohistochemistry
- Experience with tissue-clearing (CLARITY, iDISCO) techniques and light-sheet microscopy
- Basic knowledge in neuroscience
- High motivation to learn new microscopic techniques, and to be involved in translational neuroscience research
- Excellent team-working abilities and excellent written and spoken English