This release focuses on a number of import performance improvements while including several other fixes as well as an upgrade of Bio-Formats.
Import improvements include:
- cli: new experimental
--parallel-filesetflags to the
- cli: new
fs importtimecli command
- cli: add support for
--readersoptions in bulk import configuration files
- insight: new options for skipping various import steps to speed up the process (match cli’s
- insight: supporting imports with thousands of files by providing a lightweight UI
- insight: new loading placeholder when browsing data to show when an image is busy being processed and not ready to generate a thumbnail
- insight: added error placeholder when browsing data to indicate a failed import
- server: preventing recalculation of checksums for upload
- server: providing better performance logging, accessible to users via
- as well as preservation of Bio-Formats’ knowledge of channel colors where provided.
Other client changes include:
- web: better handling of large numbers of channels
- web: fixed socket leakage on unclosed web sessions
- web: fixed issue with bulk annotation table handling
- cli: deprecating
Sysadmin improvements include:
omero.fs.repo.pathas well as fix a few bugs for dealing with parallel imports
omero.threads.background_threadsproperty to limit the number of simultaneous imports
This release also upgrades the version of Bio-Formats which OMERO uses to 5.9.2.
Upgrade information is on the server upgrade page.
The software is also available at archived downloads.
Any problems or comments, please use the OME Forums or mailing lists.