Regex issues with opening data from CV7000

Hi,

I get the following error when I attempt to import a screen that was imaged on a CV7000.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1770) ~[na:na]
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:416) ~[na:na]
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:253) ~[na:na]
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:1133) ~[na:na]
	at loci.common.S3Handle.canHandleScheme(S3Handle.java:128) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.common.Location.getHandle(Location.java:488) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.common.RandomAccessInputStream.<init>(RandomAccessInputStream.java:138) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.formats.in.MinimalTiffReader.initFile(MinimalTiffReader.java:446) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1389) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.formats.in.CV7000Reader.initFile(CV7000Reader.java:337) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1389) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.formats.ImageReader.setId(ImageReader.java:843) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.formats.ReaderWrapper.setId(ReaderWrapper.java:650) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at loci.formats.gui.PreviewPane.run(PreviewPane.java:244) ~[bioformats_package.jar:6.2.0]
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) ~[na:na]
11:56:29.246 [ImageViewer-Opener] DEBUG loci.formats.FormatHandler - MinimalTiffReader initializing null
11:56:29.246 [ImageViewer-Opener] DEBUG loci.formats.FormatHandler - loci.formats.in.MinimalTiffReader.initFile(null)
Exception in thread "ImageViewer-Opener" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1770)
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:416)
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:253)
	at java.base/java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:1133)
	at loci.common.S3Handle.canHandleScheme(S3Handle.java:128)
	at loci.common.Location.getHandle(Location.java:488)
	at loci.common.RandomAccessInputStream.<init>(RandomAccessInputStream.java:138)
	at loci.formats.in.MinimalTiffReader.initFile(MinimalTiffReader.java:446)
	at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1389)
	at loci.formats.in.CV7000Reader.initFile(CV7000Reader.java:337)
	at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1389)
	at loci.formats.ImageReader.setId(ImageReader.java:843)
	at loci.formats.ReaderWrapper.setId(ReaderWrapper.java:650)
	at loci.formats.DimensionSwapper.setId(DimensionSwapper.java:293)
	at loci.formats.FileStitcher.initFile(FileStitcher.java:961)
	at loci.formats.FileStitcher.setId(FileStitcher.java:925)
	at loci.formats.gui.ImageViewer.open(ImageViewer.java:339)
	at loci.formats.gui.ImageViewer$1.run(ImageViewer.java:829)

Any ideas on what I could do to resolve it?

Hi, can you uploaded the problematic file to https://www.openmicroscopy.org/qa2/qa/upload/ for the OME team to test it further?

Thank you for uploading assay1.wpi. Are there any accompanying files that should be read with it like MeasurementData.mlf that you could also upload or was it just the single file that the acquisition system provided?

Thank you, we now have your files and I can reproduce your issue with Bio-Formats 6.2.0 so I will get it onto the team’s radar for fixing. Having the sample data helps a lot.