(Real)Box Selection Dialogs in BigDataViewer

I finally finished revision of BigDataViewer bounding box dialogs started last week at the hackathon in Ostrava.

This work moved interactive bounding box dialog (started by @tinevez in a Mastodon plugin) to bigdataviewer-core. @Christian_Tischer added selection of RealIntervals (not restricted to voxel grid). I refactored everything into bdv core and added convenience methods to bigdataviewer-vistools to use it .

There are two examples. First is RealBoxSelectionExample. This adds a RealBox selection dialog to a random-generated image in BDV. After the user selects an interval, this interval is rasterized and filled (using imglib2-roi stuff by @awalter17)

The second example is BoxSelectionExample. This shows the discrete Box selection dialog that can be used to find bounding boxes aligned to the voxel grid of a BDV source. It also shows how to add timepoint range selection to the dialog. Again, after he user selects an interval, this interval is rasterized and filled (using simple imglib2 Views methods).

Both examples are <30 lines of code and should be relatively easy to understand.
Have fun…

@StephanPreibisch It would be great to use this in BigStitcher instead of the old BoundingBoxDialog.
@tinevez I’ll make a PR to mastodon-tracking to use the revised code.

6 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:
That looks really cool!

1 Like