Ratio_Profiler does not run on imageJ

Hi,
I have downloaded Ratio-Profiler from the Fiji Cookbook pages. After installing, I restarted Fiji and load my images to be analyzed. When I run Ratio Profiler, it is giving me an error message: “Ratio_Profiler not up-to-date because 1 source files are not up-to-date”, No javac.jar found, “Could not find javac java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.tools.javac.Main, falling back to system javac”. Can you guys help me in resolving this issue?

I have attached the error message as an attachment

FYI, I have updated my ImageJ as well, but it did not help.

Thanks in advance

@hupA_mCherry

Cookbook plugins are very old and might be worth your time to find more up-to-date tools/plugins to use for your analysis. What exactly are you aiming to measure?

Dear Etarena,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I wish to measure/compare the fluorescence intensities of a cell between two different fluorescent channels to see if there are any similarities/differences between their intensities. I tried doing the standard line curve/ROI selection type analysis and I was not happy with the results. Therefore I was looked for plugins that could help me and found Ratiometric analysis, which doesn’t work anymore.

If you have any other suggestions for plugins that would help me to quantitatively measure the difference between 2 fluorescent channels, I would really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance

@hupA_mCherry

It sounds like you want to do colocalization analysis… You will need to first segment your cells and then carry out colocalization analysis using the plugin Coloc 2.

There are also colocalization tools available via CellProfiler