We will soon post an opening for a researcher to join our team at the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT! This is an opportunity to deeply impact biomedical research through many different projects as well as by supporting thousands of CellProfiler users around the world who are accomplishing great things.
We are looking for someone to become an expert user of CellProfiler, with the following responsibilities:
- Work directly on deep collaborations with biologists, pushing forward the boundaries of what can be extracted from high-throughput imaging experiments. We collaborate with dozens of biomedical research laboratories to identify disease states, potential therapeutics, and gene functions from microscopy images.
- Clearly communicate with biology collaborators about project aims and results
- Clearly communicate image processing and software needs to the software engineers on the team
- Support thousands of CellProfiler users worldwide by answering questions at our popular online forum
- Deliver educational workshops on image analysis and the usage of CellProfiler (some travel required)
- Draft manuscripts describing work for peer-reviewed publication
Must be highly organized and goal-oriented in order to efficiently juggle dozens of ongoing projects and competing demands. Programming experience (Python) is preferred but not required: we are NOT looking for a computer scientist to develop novel computational algorithms from scratch. Rather, we are looking for someone skilled in the application of existing algorithms to particular biological problems. This requires a helpful and professional personality together with significant image processing experience. PhD not required, although postdoctoral candidates will be considered.
Feel free to send a CV to email@example.com to convey your interest.