QuPath v0.2.0 now available!

More than three years since the last stable version, I’m happy / tired / nervous / relieved to announce with @melvingelbard that QuPath v0.2.0 is now available via https://qupath.github.io

This is the first stable Edinburgh release of QuPath.

If you haven’t been keeping up with the milestone (pre-)releases along the way, you will find that a lot has changed since v0.1.2. Highlights include:

• Entirely new pixel classifier (link)
  • Rewritten object classifiers (link)
  • New methods of thresholding images (link)
  • New & improved tools to create & adjust annotations (link)
  • Much more support for multiplexed images (link)
  • Updated object hierarchy (link)
  • Bigger, better, smarter projects (link)
  • Export images & annotations, including pyramidal OME-TIFFs (link)
  • Many bug fixes, performance improvements… and a lot more (link)

If you have been keeping up with the milestone releases, we recommend migrating to the stable v0.2.0 whenever you can.

Either way, you can find out more in the new documentation at https://qupath.readthedocs.io

Important! It is not recommended to mix different version of QuPath for analysis. If you started a project in v0.1.2, it is probably best to continue with that version - or start again with v0.2.0.

QuPath v0.2.0

What to download

If you have problems installing QuPath, see here for further information.
Alternatively, you can build QuPath from source using Gradle.

Additional notes

24 Likes

Congratulations! Can’t wait to explore.

1 Like

Thanks Peter, and congratulations!!! . Really appreciate your efforts.

1 Like

Hi Pete,

If I download the stable QuPath V.2.0 version, can I still keep the QuPath V.1.2? I am working on some image analysis projects and I am hesitant to use the newer version without validating it internally.

Thanks,

Mary Anne

Congratulations! Perfect and great work!

When do you plan to add the membrane detection again with the possibility to calculate cell and cytoplasm hematoxylin OD? Thx!

@mannequintayo you should be able to have both installed without any problem.

EDIT: For existing projects where you’re using v0.1.2, you should probably stick with that – the two versions aren’t entirely compatible and in general it is better to stick with one version for any particular project (you should be able to get annotations etc. from v0.1.2 into v0.2.0 if you need to, but not necessarily the other way around).

@bp314 I can’t give a good estimate for this, I’m working on other things currently.

Congratulations! Exploring already from a novice’s point of view!This is great

1 Like

Congratulations!
I am so excited to use the Qupath v0.2.0! I have been following the milestones and I love all the new features I have experienced although I still need to learn more about the diverse features it provides.
Thank you very much for all your efforts. I believe that all your brilliant work will be of great resource for the pathologists and researchers.
I really appreciate it. And I also appreciate all your kind support for the users.
Thank you again.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Masson’s Trichrome and cell counting

Congrats Pete! You have spent a lot of time for the imaging community so thanks for all your efforts!

2 Likes

Thanks so so much for all the hard work @petebankhead ! Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Hi there. Thanks for the information.

Thank you for the great efforts!

1 Like