Quantification of different sensilla in images obtained by SEM

Dear colleagues,

I have to analyze hundreds of SEM images of insect antennae in order to quantify the different types of sensilla. I am a newcomer in the field of image analysis but I am strongly motivated to learn it. From what I have studied so far, I know that I must perform some post-processing of each image and then quantify the structures of my interest. However, my main concern is if I will be able to do differentiate and quantify each of the sensilla (and possibly other types) I marked on the SEM picture shared below as an example for the images I have. Each type of sensilla shows enormous morphological variations, but there some degree of overlap between the hair-shaped sensilla (trichoid sensilla, a couple of them highlighted in yellow) and the other sensilla.

para paulo.tif (434.2 KB)

Would anyone be so kind as to tell me, based on his/her experience, if what I want to do is achievable and point me in the right direction, please? The quality of the SEM images is adequate for my purposes? Also, all post-processing and quantification can be done in FiJi or am I going to need other software?

I would be immensely grateful for any light shed on this matter.

Kind regards.