Problems with voxel size in MIB

Hello!
I have a problem using the Microscopy Image Browser program.
In the program you have to specify the voxel size. I did this following the tutorials, but it never worked.
Then I noticed that voxel size in the original data set was not correct. I changed it in the Cygwin program
and now I have a mrc-file and I don´t know how to start working with the MIB program using this file.
Do you have an idea what to do?
Thanks in advance and best wishes
Rainer

Hi @Rainer,
technically you should be able to read mrc files with MIB, at least we read those generated by IMOD. There was however some uncertainty how voxel sizes are encoded in different programs. In some cases, it is nanometers, while in others angstroms. So it is wise to check, situation for each particular case.
This can be done in MIB by going to Menu->Dataset->Parameters. You can also use this dialog to update the voxel size with correct values if you know them.
Alternative way to update the voxel size is via the Bounding Box dialog (also in Menu->Dataset), where instead of voxel size you may provide coordinates of the bounding box that encapsulates the dataset.

We normally store data in AmiraMesh format with is rather fast, compatible with multiple color channels and also allows to keep the bounding box and voxel size information.

now I have a mrc-file and I don´t know how to start working with the MIB program using this file.

Do you mean that you tried to open it (using a double click over the filename) but the dataset was not loaded?