Problems opening image files

Hi,

I’ve just installed CellProfiler 3.1.8 on my MacBook Pro (MacOS Mojave 10.14.5, 8GB RAM, 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5). I have problems with opening image files. I downloaded example images from the CellProfiler website and it worked perfectly. I also opened some random image files from the internet and it was also fine. However, whenever I wanted to load an image that was taken with the HighContent Screener Phenix and exported from the Harmony Software, CellProfiler cannot load the file. A watch appears at the mouse cursor and the software says: Loading file: “File Name”, however nothing happens, also not after hours. I tried to convert the image file into a different format and also to crop the image to 1 MB, but still the same problem. Both PNG and raw TIFF files do not work. However, it is possible for me to open those files in Fiji for example, so it seems to be a CellProfiler problem. Do you have any idea what kind of problem this is and how to solve it? Thank you!

@AnnaFH Welcome to the forum! :smile:

How large is your image file? Would it be possible for you to ZIP it up and attach it here, so that a CP expert can try to reproduce the issue?