Problem with label_frames in patch 2.0.5.1

hi,
I have installed deeplabcut patch 2.0.5.1. in my linux. After installation i was trying to train my network but whenever i try to label the frames the GUI interface is crushing. I am using RGB videos. As I am new to deeplabcut so i am not sure if it’s a bug or i messed up something during installation. it’s giving me following error,

TypeError: Slider(): arguments did not match any overloaded call:
overload 1: too many arguments
overload 2: argument 3 has unexpected type ‘str’

I have been using 3 parts and 20 frames with dotsize 9. I never encountered any issue like this before while using the previous version.

could you post the full command + error here, thanks!

In [3]: deeplabcut.label_frames(path_config)

TypeError Traceback (most recent call last)
/home/mrahman/anaconda3/envs/Deeplabcut/lib/python3.6/site-packages/deeplabcut/generate_training_dataset/labeling_toolbox.py in browseDir(self, event)
431 if self.new_bodyparts==: # i.e. no new label
432 self.figure,self.axes,self.canvas,self.toolbar = self.image_panel.drawplot(self.img,img_name,self.iter,self.index,self.bodyparts,self.colormap)
–> 433 self.choiceBox,self.rdb,self.slider,self.checkBox = self.choice_panel.addRadioButtons(self.bodyparts,self.file,self.markerSize)
434 self.buttonCounter = MainFrame.plot(self,self.img)
435 self.cidClick = self.canvas.mpl_connect(‘button_press_event’, self.onClick)

/home/mrahman/anaconda3/envs/Deeplabcut/lib/python3.6/site-packages/deeplabcut/generate_training_dataset/labeling_toolbox.py in addRadioButtons(self, bodyparts, fileIndex, markersize)
96 self.fieldradiobox = wx.RadioBox(self,label=‘Select a bodypart to label’,
97 style=wx.RA_SPECIFY_ROWS,choices=choices)
—> 98 self.slider = wx.Slider(self, -1, markersize, 1, markersize*3,size=(250, -1), style=wx.SL_HORIZONTAL | wx.SL_AUTOTICKS | wx.SL_LABELS )
99 self.slider.Enable(False)
100 self.checkBox = wx.CheckBox(self, id=wx.ID_ANY,label = ‘Adjust marker size.’)

TypeError: Slider(): arguments did not match any overloaded call:
overload 1: too many arguments
overload 2: argument 3 has unexpected type ‘str’

AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
/home/mrahman/anaconda3/envs/Deeplabcut/lib/python3.6/site-packages/deeplabcut/generate_training_dataset/labeling_toolbox.py in nextImage(self, event)
470 self.statusbar.SetStatusText(‘Working on folder: {}’.format(os.path.split(str(self.dir))[-1]))
–> 471 self.rdb.SetSelection(0)
472 self.file = 1
473 # Refreshing the button counter

AttributeError: ‘MainFrame’ object has no attribute ‘rdb’

It’s hard to know exactly what is happening; could you launch the GUI again and screen record the steps you do to get it to crash? We can’t replicate your error on our side, thanks!

screen record

strange! seems the adjust dot size bar does not load for you - can you re-install DLC? There is actually a newer GUI on GiHub, if you want to use it - just download or git clone, then work inside the DeepLabCut folder. If you do deeplabcut.__file__ you should see you are in the local folder then.

problem solved!!! Later i find out the issue was with the video not with deeplabcut. I had some permission issue with the video. Everything’s back to normal now. Thanks for the help.

1 Like