Problem installing cellProfiler on linux 64 bit

Hi,

I have been using cellProfiler for some time with window and everything was working great until I have a memory shortage issue. Our lab has a server with more RAM and also operates with 64bit CPU. I tried to install the latest cellProfiler on the server and this is what I got. I’m not quite sure how to even go about fixing the problem. Will appreciate any helps. Thank you very much.

Pat

./run_CellProfiler.sh /opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78

Setting up environment variables

Found MCR Java JRE version: 1.6.0
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is .:/opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/runtime/glnxa64:/opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/bin/glnxa64:/opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/sys/os/glnxa64:/opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.6.0/lib/amd64/native_threads:/opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.6.0/lib/amd64/server:/opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.6.0/lib/amd64/client:/opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.6.0/lib/amd64
libmwblas: load error: /opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/libguide.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error’
what(): /opt/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v78/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/…/…/bin/glnxa64/libguide.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
./run_CellProfiler.sh: line 42: 27086 Aborted {exe_dir}/CellProfiler *

A quick google search of your error suggests that it’s caused by the security extension SELinux, which can be disabled by adding the line

to the file

/etc/sysconfig/selinux

and restarting the host.