Positive cell detection, DAB detection, Cell expansion, Cell morphology, qupath

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to detect DAB in H-DAB staining and in my case the protein is expressed and diffused in the cytoplasm. When I run the positive cell detection command, I see the software smartly segment the cells somehow which is not super accurate, sometimes it consider one big cell as some small ones and the other way round. How can I make sure what value for cell expansion I need to choose to be accurate. I excluded the cell nucleus by the way and I’m detecting Cell: DAB OD mean.

Thanks in advance

I speak a lot about the meaning of cell detection parameters and how to adjust them in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ta8RxZklWk_O_Z7K0bZlhmHtaH73vlh

However, it will depend a lot on your images/staining – cell detection in some images is very challenging and it’s not certain that any combination of parameters will work well.

Hello again,
Thanks for your fast reply. they are really helpful.

2 Likes

I wanted to clarify that “Cell:” measurements include the nucleus. Cytoplasm measurements exclude it. Might also be covered in the YouTube videos, I forget :slight_smile: