Pore distribution for microporus membrane

Hello guys, in advance, let me appreciate all answers. I am looking for some required data fro microscopic analysis for transport properties. first, I need to know pore distribution and porosity, by SEM image and imageJ software, I am trying to find them. but the average pore diameter found by image J is so different compared what the manufacturer presents as the average pore diameter and porosity. Maybe I am not right to do steps. Please let me know how to do it?

Best regards,

Hi @hesam_bazargan_haran

If you are allowed to file an image then we could perform tests.

Maybe the calibration is not correct. Did you check with an object of known size?

Thanks for your reply, I could finally get good pore distribution but using another magnification, If I use a high magnified image like 50K, I don’t get good enogh results. What do you think? Am I right?

Thanks Gabriel, Thanks for your reply, I could finally get good pore distribution but using another magnification, If I use a high magnified image like 50K, I don’t get good enogh results. What do you think? Am I right?

And also, Could you help me to know how can I construct a virtual membrane using 2D SEM images? Is there any software to produce or construct virtual material using grayscale image as well as segmented images?