Please help with analyze video

I have been working with deeplabcut and am having trouble with getting the software to analyze my video. I went to dlcmodels/…/train and chose pose_cfg.yaml as the config file. This does not work and the error is “TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable”. When I do the config.yaml file, the error is “IndexError: index -1 is out of bounds for axis 0 with size 0”. I honestly have no idea what is wrong at this point. How many iterations do you usually have to for analyze video to work? Thanks in advance!

Hi, Jessica:
The config.yaml file is always the “config” file. The other “config” files, like pose_cfg.yaml, contain information used in various steps of the DLC workflow.
When you trained the network, there was a setting for “save iterations”. That’s how many iterations have to run before saving a snapshot model. If you stopped training before that many iterations, then nothing was saved.
Depending on your video, labeled frames, batch size, and other factors, a few thousand iterations might get you some rough tracking to “test” out the system. For better analysis you’re looking for tens- to hundreds-of-thousands of iterations.

1 Like