Senior Associate Scientist, High Content Imaging, Exploratory Biology
Requisition ID: 9334190312
Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) within Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson&Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
JBIO’s Exploratory Biology Group supports biologics, T-cell redirection and CAR-T product discovery and development programs, with an emphasis on exploring new therapeutic modalities and technologies. We are seeking a scientist to support high-content imaging (HCI) and analysis (HCA) technologies within the group. This will be an excellent opportunity for you to apply your high-content microscopy skills towards a wide variety of groundbreaking research applications. As a Senior Associate Scientist you will be responsible for:
- Oversee and support the high-content imaging (HCI) and analysis (HCA) technologies and applications within JBIO’s Exploratory Biology group utilizing a state-of-the-art automated confocal fluorescent microscopy platform (PerkinElmer Opera Phenix)
- Develop and validate new in vitro assays and cell models, cellular staining techniques, and imaging/analysis procedures, as well as utilize other cellular analysis methodologies, to advance the mechanistic understanding of therapeutic platforms including multi-specific antibodies for T-cell redirection and CAR-T therapeutics.
- Perform experiments, analyze data, and write research reports. Keep accurate and reliable records including database management, batch records, electronic notebooks, and all pertinent documentation.
- Assist scientists in utilizing HCI/HCA techniques for all projects supporting Janssen’s therapeutic area (TA) needs.
- Keep up to date with scientific literature and new biotechnologies related to high content imaging and image analysis and disseminate information to colleagues through technical documentation or seminars. Participate in Janssen’s High-Content Imaging global working group.
- Ensure machinery, workflow, IT systems, and the associated data are maintained to company standards. Perform general laboratory tasks including work-area upkeep and supplies management.
- Support other Exploratory Biology research projects as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with at least 4 years of relevant industry or academic laboratory experience in biological sciences OR a Master’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with at least 3 years of relevant industry or academic laboratory experience in biological sciences is required
- A minimum of 1 year applied experience in high-content microscopy and image analysis is required
- Basic knowledge of cell biology and immunology is required
- Experience in (lab) experimental design and in vitro assay development related to live and fixed cell immunocytochemistry is required
- Experience in experimental data analysis, graphing and basic biostatistics is required
- Experience specifically with PerkinElmer imaging and analysis platforms (Phenix, Opera, Operetta, Columbus, Acapella, Harmony is preferred.
- Experience with another high-content imaging platform such as CellInsight, IN Cell, ImageXpress, ArrayScan, Pathway is preferred
- Experience in immunology, immuno-oncology or CAR-T biology is preferred
- Experience working with assay automation or high-throughput screening (HTS) in 96 to 384-well formats is preferred
- Experience with complex in vitro models, studying cell-cell interactions or synapses is preferred
- Experience in high-content screening (HCS), phenotypic screening, molecular localization, tissue imaging, 3D cell culture, 3D imaging, Antibody Dependent Cellular Phagocytosis (ADCP), ADCC, FRET, IHC is preferred
- Experience in biostatistics, data analysis, visualization, and database management for large datasets and multivariate analysis is preferred
- Publication record and/or contribution to HCI-related field is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)