ONLINE COURSE | Batch analysis and macro development in ImageJ/Fiji: going beyond the basics

We are happy to present the online course on Batch analysis and macro development in ImageJ/Fiji: going beyond the basics

It will be held on 9, 10, 11, 14 and 15 December 2020 from 9:00 to 13:00 (Lisbon/London time zone)
For more information please follow the link.

8 Likes

Hello

Will the sessions be recorded? Like if we wake up late?

Michael Golub MSME, MFA, BSME
Academic Laboratory Supervisor
Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering
Purdue School of Engineering and Technology
IUPUI | 723 West Michigan Street | Suite SL 097| Indianapolis, IN 46202
317.274.8295 Office | 317.274.9744 Fax

Hi

The portuguese law is very restrictive regarding personal data protection (including audio and images/videos of anyone). I can’t simply record and distribute a video with other people on it. So the answer is no, I’ll not record and redistribute the sessions’ video.

A post was split to a new topic: Determine circularity/sphericity of alginate capsules

A post was merged into an existing topic: Determine circularity/sphericity of alginate capsules

@econdesousa, thanks for organizing the meeting!

You are referring to the Portuguese execution law of the GDPR (approved Aug 2019), correct? There have been many virtual workshops organized under GDPR in the EU. I certainly remember the snapshots of the tiled Zoom window of the participants :slight_smile: . I don’t think GDPR invalidates a priori recordings of a speaker/participants upon consent. Would be useful to hear from others at NEUBIAS. Perhaps @Kota, @haesleinhuepf, @tinevez can chime in with better insights?

Either way, we should be striving to be as inclusive as possible. Sharing the workshop material (syllabus, exercises, etc.), would be another way to reach out to folks in other time zones.

1 Like

The trick is to record a view where attendees are not shown (lecture only) and questions are read out from the chat. Alternatively, everyone agrees that recording is fine. Agreeing must be an active decision by the attendee. The person must click “Ok” to attend a recorded meeting. Then it should comply with European law.

3 Likes