Omero

Hello,

I am attempting to make use of the new Omero connection features of CP. The documentation says: “You can drag URLs from a text document and drop them into the file list.” When I do this I get a pipeline error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 3101, in OnData
File “wx/_misc.pyc”, line 5432, in GetData
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion “dataObj” failed at /BUILD/wxPython-src-2.8.12.1/src/common/dobjcmn.cpp(225) in SetData(): unsupported format in wxDataObjectComposite

Any suggestions?

Jay

I’ve filed a bug report against this issue, and will report here if/when it’s fixed.

In the meantime, is using LoadData to contain the OMERO URLs an option for you?
-Mark

I agree that LoadData is a good choice for the OMERO urls, but in the trunk build (sorry didn’t make it into the release), we’ve added a menu option to import a file list (File / Import / File list…) as an alternative to drag and drop. The file list should have one OMERO URL per line. IMHO, as long as you are putting the URL text into a file (or using a script to do so), you might as well place them into a LoadData CSV, with the channels organized into image sets. Although LoadData is listed as a legacy input module, we plan to offer first class support for it in the future and we recommend it in situations such as yours.

We’re hoping that this has been resolved with the 2.1.1 release. Jay, can you confirm?
-Mark